S. N. Klimenko,
Postgraduate, Omsk humanitarian Academy, 2а 4th Cheluskintsev st., Omsk, 644105, Russian Federation
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2111-4181
O. Yu. Patlasov, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Vice-rector of Omsk regional Institute,
20, Lenin str. Omsk, 644024, Russian Federation, Vice-rector of the Omsk humanitarian Academy,
2а 4th Cheluskintsev st., Omsk, 644105, Russian Federation ORCID ID: http:orcid.org/0000-0003-2015-1474,
Scopus Author ID: 56437696900 e-mail: email@example.com
REGIONAL AUTHORITIES PR-TECHNOLOGIES EFFECTIVENESS AND EVALUATION OF THE TERRITORY BRAND AS ITS INTANGIBLE ASSET
The reported study was funded by RFBR according to the research project No. 18-414-550001
Problem. Insufficient understanding of the challenges that the territory presents as a complex and specific object of brand promotion leads to significant errors in management processes. Superficial attitude to this problem leads to the fact that often corporate identity of the territory is developed, at the same time the branding of the region dominates the branding of the cities included in the region.
Purpose. It is to consider the factors presented in the domestic and foreign literature having an im- pact on the brand areas.
Methods and methodology. Functional, system, form-logical and statistical methods as well as methods of synthesis and comparative analysis are used.
Results. The theoretical and socio-economic aspects in the evaluation of the territories brand in for- eign and domestic practice have been studied. the of individual factors impact on the development of terri- tories brand and the author’s technique of the territorial brand evaluation have been analyzed.
Conclusion. Hence, the article attempts to highlight the key points in the development of the territo- rial entities brand and the author tries to give an assessment of the current practice of the territory brand evaluation as an intangible asset.
Keywords: territorial education, intangible asset, regions, brand, reputation.
- The Federal tourism Agency estimated the income of the Russian tourism in 2017. URL: https://www.vedomosti.ru/lifestyle/articles/2018/05/27/770664-dohod-ot-turizma#/galleries/140737494038968/ normal/11
- Castilla-Polo F. (2018) The Role of Country Reputation in Positioning Territories: A Literature Review. In: Carvalho L., Rego C., Lucas M., Sánchez-Hernández M., Noronha A. (eds) Entrepreneurship and Structural Change in Dynamic Territories. Studies on Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and Industrial Dynamics. Springer, Cham. URL: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-76400-9_4#citeas
- Cubillo-Pinilla J. M., Blanco-González A., Marín-Palacios C., Méndez-Suárez M. (2017) Measuring the Country Brand Image: Implications to Manage the Smart Cities. In: Peris-Ortiz M., Bennett D., Pérez-Bustamante Yábar D. (eds) Sustainable Smart Cities. Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management. Springer, Cham. URL: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-40895-8_13
- Mariutti F. & Tench, R. How does Brazil measure up? Comparing rankings through the lenses of nation brand indexes. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy (2016) 12: 17. URL: https://doi.org/10.1057/pb.2015.19
- Francini M., Gaudio S., Palermo A., Viapiana M.F. (2018) The Area Trademark for the Launch of Sustain- able Processes of Smart Planning in Rural Areas. In: Papa R., Fistola R., Gargiulo C. (eds) Smart Planning: Sustaina- bility and Mobility in the Age of Change. Green Energy and Technology. Springer, Cham. URL: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-77682-8_14#citeas
- Pasquinelli C. (2015) Network Brand and Branding: A Co-opetitive Approach to Local and Regional De- velopment. In: Zenker S., Jacobsen B. (eds) Inter-Regional Place Branding. Springer, Cham. URL: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-15329-2_4#citeas
- Augustyn A., Florek M. (2015) Branding a Cluster of Regions: The Eastern Poland Macro-region Case Study. In: Zenker S., Jacobsen B. (eds) Inter-Regional Place Branding. Springer, Cham. URL: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-15329-2_12#citeas
- Lee C. J. Effects of sport mega-events on city brand awareness and image: using the 2009 world games in Kaohsiung as an example. 2014. pp. 1243–1256.
- Anholt S. Brand New Justice, Second Edition: How Branding Places and Products Can Help the Develop- ing World. 2005. pp. 91–93.
- Avraham E., Ketter E. Media Strategies for Marketing Places in Crisis: Improving the Image of Cities, Countries and Tourist Destinations. 2008. pp. 155–157.
- The 2018 world Cup effect on the Russian economy has been calculated. 27 July 2018. URL: https://lenta.ru/news/2018/07/27/football/
- Moilanen T., Rainisto S. How to Brand Nations, Cities and Destinations: A Planning Book for Place Branding. 2009. pp. 83–85.
- Kavaratzis M. From city marketing to city branding: Towards a theoretical framework for developing city brands. 2004. pp. 58–60.
- Domnin V. N. Methods of assessing the value of the territory brand. Problems of modern economy. 2014. pp. 219–223. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/metodiki-otsenki-stoimosti-brenda-territorii
- Brand Finance Nation Brands 2017. URL: http://brandfinance.com/knowledge-centre/reports/brand- finance-nation-brands-2017
- Kossova T. V., Sheluntsova M. A. Social discount rate in Russia: methodology, appraisal, regional differ- ences. The Economic science of modern Russia. 2012. pp. 16–27.
- Zabrodina E., Mikachan N. The Italian island of Capri will put travelers on the counter. Russian newspaper (week). 2018. May 10.