N. R. Valitova, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, 148 Maslennikova st., Omsk, 644009, Russian Federation ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0199-0301
A. D. Pautov, Сandidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, 148 Maslennikova st., Omsk, 644009, Russian Federation ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0311-5722
L. G. Pushkarevа, Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor, Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, 148 Maslennikova st., Omsk, 644009, Russian Federation ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8130-9621
STUDYING TERMINOLOGY ON THE EXAMPLE OF ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Introduction. The research was carried out within the framework of studying the terminology of the language of the “Advertising and Public Relations” educational program based on professionally-oriented, cognitive and functional-communicative approaches; professional terms are learned in close connection with their functions in speech, which facilitates the creation of situational-speech conditions associated with the correlation of hierarchies of conceptual and linguistic thesaurus. The purpose of the article is to study adver- tising and public relations terminology on the basis of an integrated approach.
Materials and methods. The following methods are used in the work: theoretical analysis and gener- alization of scientific and methodological literature data, content analysis.
Results. Based on the analysis of logically arranged definitions of advertising and public relations terms, a thesaurus model of this professional sphere was built, i. e., terminological dictionary of the thesaurus type. The terms included in the thesaurus are grouped into series on the basis of a thematic identity associat- ed with cognitive structures, these series reflect the categories of the real world, and categorical concepts correspond to the names of the word classes.
Conclusions. The work concludes that using a thesaurus in the learning process and mastering the terms of a certain direction of training not only promotes the mastering of a special language, the improve- ment of communication skills in the professional sphere, but can also serve as a criterion and / or indicator of mastering the program in accordance with the scope and competences, specified in the educational standard.
Keywords: terminology, the principle of consistency, communication, interdisciplinary integration; advertising and public relations, thesaurus; thematic group, frame.
- Sayahova L. G. Concept as a unit of linguoculturology, cognitive linguistics and linguodidactics. Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta. 2014. Vol. 19. No. 3. pp. 987–993. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22483511 (In Russ.).
- Lazareva O. A. The process of teaching Russian as a foreign language: the formation of conceptual knowledge. Innovacionnye proekty i programmy v obrazovanii. 2014. Vol. 5. pp. 66–70. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22449169 (In Russ.).
- Sayahova L. G. Language picture of the world and the problem of systematization of the vocabulary in mod- ern dictionary form. Rossijskij gumanitarnyj zhurnal. 2013. Vol. 2. No. 4. pp. 368–374. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21241303 (In Russ.).
- Chumikov A. N. Reklama i svyazi s obshchestvennost’yu. Imidzh, reputaciya, brend: ucheb. posobie dlya studentov vuzov po napravleniyu podgotovki (special’nosti) “Reklama i svyazi s obshchestvennost’yu” [Advertising and public relations. Image, reputation, brand: studies. manual for University students in the field of training (specialty) “Advertising and public relations”]. Moscow: Aspekt Press Publ., 2014. 159 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=21859964 (In Russ.).
- Valitova N. R., Pautov A. D. The Value of professional thesaurus in teaching of professional speech bachelor in advertising and public relations. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta. 2016. No. 8 (173). pp. 40–43. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=26421428 (In Russ.).